A prayer for a hard morning

Some mornings you wake up already behind. Nothing catastrophic — just the accumulated weight of a full day, a difficult conversation waiting, a body that is tired before it starts. And when you try to pray, nothing comes.

I used to treat that as a spiritual failure. It is not. It is a Tuesday.

A prayer to borrow. Lord, I do not have much this morning. I am tired, and I do not have words. You already know the day ahead of me. Give me enough for the next hour, and let that be enough. Amen.

You can say that flatly. You can say it without feeling anything. It still counts.

Three passages for wordless mornings. When everything feels like too much: “Answer me quickly, LORD; my spirit fails.” (Psalm 143:7) When you are worn out rather than doubting: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28) When you cannot see the way forward: “I believe; help my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24)

Read one slowly. Say it back. That is prayer, not a warm-up for prayer.

What not to do. Do not wait until you feel spiritual enough. The feeling usually arrives after the prayer, not before — and sometimes it does not arrive at all, and the prayer still stood.

If you would rather have company in it, prayers for when you have no words gathers passages and short prayers people have used in exactly this place, grouped by what they were facing.

You do not need a complete sentence to turn toward God. You only need to turn.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily 5-Minute Bible Reading Made Easy with ScriptureSide

How to Use AI for Bible Study: ScriptureSide as Your Quiet Time Companion

SOAP Bible Study Method: A Complete Guide to Deeper Devotions